D. R. Harris was founded in 1790 and has been operating in the St. James's area of London ever since. D. R. Harris has an extensive range of products which are ideal for both men and women. Alongside this impressive range we are also a fully-functioning pharmacy for which we hold the Royal Warrants to Her Majesty the Queen and HRH The Prince of Wales.
The story begins just before 1790 at No. 11 St. James's Street where Harris's Apothecary set up shop. Over the next fifty years the family established a reputation selling Lavender Water, Classic Cologne and English Flower perfumes to this fashionable quarter of London.
One of the proprietors, Henry Harris, was a surgeon, while Daniel Rotely (D. R.) was an early Pharmaceutical Chemist.
For over two centuries this family business in the centre of men's Clubland has served the gentry and the court of St. James's and in 1938 was awarded the warrant as chemists to her Majesty The Queen, later the Queen Mother which was held until her death in 2002. In 2002 they were also appointed as Chemists to His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales, an honour that was added to in 2012 when they had the Royal Warrant for Her Majesty the Queen bestowed upon them.
Today they continue to offer outstanding levels of service at their traditional Chemists' shop at 29 St. James's Street which includes much of the original furniture. They continue to adapt with the times, however, and their fine selection of soaps, shaving creams and soaps, aftershaves and colognes, skincare products and much more, continue to appeal to all those who appreciate quality and distinction the world over.